MIOP serves as a professional, scientific, and educational community for industrial and organizational psychologists in the greater Memphis area. We provide a open forum where members may discuss topics of mutual interest and concern related to the human resource and industrial/organizational psychology fields.
- Advocate for improving the quality
and fairness of practices within the field.
- Encourage and provide education and training on I-O related topics.
- Raise the visibility of Industrial and Organizational Psychology in the workplace.
Areas of Expertise of MIOP Members include:
- Assessment Centers
- Selection & Testing
- Job Design
- Job Satisfaction
- Retention Research
- Individual Assessment
- 360 Feedback
- Performance Appraisals
- Employee Opinion Surveys
- Succession Planning
- Leadership Development
- Executive Coaching
- Team Facilitation
- Applied Stats, Methodology, Analysis
- Legal Issues/EEP/OFCCP/Affirmative Action
- Adult Education and Learning
- Occupational Health and Safety